Fae Conspiracy Theory

Hearth goes deep into the lessons to be found in old literature, and the parallels between the mythical gods of writings of old and beings described in Genesis 6. Go check it out. Really fun how much our exploration of Peter Pan has sparked such good discussions. This is what good literature is supposed to do.

11 thoughts on “Fae Conspiracy Theory

Thank you for opening the door to what good books and reading is supposed to do.

Hope to have time tomorrow to add more substance to the discussion. Gonna go re-read Gen. 6 first.

2. Major Styles says:

There is an modern desire to link all people to the same “wellspring”: we can see this in linguistics, with the push to find a first language. Also, pop mythologists like Joseph Campbell were fascinated with finding correlations between distant mythologies: i.e. what do the Lakota mythologies have in common with the Old Testament, etc.

And yet, I wonder how much of this research is really, at its core, just an extension of the globalist agenda. I do not doubt that the human race sprung up from one place. However, its development has clearly branched out into diverse and complex directions. Yes, the Vikings and the Sioux were both human; yet, they each had unique realities based on their climates, genetics, etc.

In short, I often wonder what is driving the “we are all one” analysis in mythology. Is it a desire to learn more about history? Or, is there a modern political agenda at work?

In my case it’s more of a “what is the meta-Truth that wants uncovering” mental exercise.

Not terribly interested in globalism or the lack thereof (I am rapidly getting to the place where when someone asks me my politics, I’m going to say that I’m a monarchist waiting for the true King).

The commonality interests me because it ties to the Bible, which is the ultimate touchstone of Truth. So, I want to know – is this myth a story to explain a natural phenomenon, or is it a story to remind us to beware of wishes because wish-givers are malicious? And why would wish-givers be malicious? God grants prayer – the prayer that it suits Him to grant – but He doesn’t do wishes, and He is not malicious. So – what kind of creature might do that? Apparently there are creatures all over the world that play that game, and that’s interesting. I’m interested in the global aspect as a disproof of it’s just being a travelling story.

The practical application is that we used to warn our kids about those others, and now we tell them to accept and *respect* the others. Why is that? And why are half of the adults I see engaged in Name it and Claim it magical thinking? People that would claim to be agnostics or even atheists talk about “putting out the right energy”. Why? Hm, maybe I should keep that one for next time, lol. But it all ties together IMO.

So, yeah, mostly this is me having fun. Come play with me. 🙂

I believe that there is a transcendent Truth in the Biblical record (twice recorded) that all humans sprang from one Source and all bear the Divine Image of that Source. It is an important theological and spiritual connection we needn’t toss out.

BUT…you are correct. There is an agenda afoot that has little to do with Transcendent Truth and that is explicitly concerned with destroying differences between people with evil as the ending point.

It ignores that all peoples have virtues and flaws in an attempt to make people who are not inferior yet have inferiority complexes feel better about themselves. It will never work.

Thought provoking rabbit trail, Major.

5. Major Styles says:

As your comments point out, this is a complex topic. It’s one that does not fit neatly into a “We Are the World” idealism.

For example, how can we be diverse and identical at the same time? Don’t these ideas cross one another out? Are we really respecting cultural differences by suggesting that all cultures are essentially the same?

I don’t pretend to have the answers here. But I know that this is a highly nuanced issue. Moreover, the media pulpit has taken over academic discourse and is, generally speaking, not concerned with a search for truth.

6. Major Styles says:

Those are some good questions, Hearthie. Too many for me to give a good answer to. 🙂

I think people wrestle with the prescriptive nature of the Bible. In short, they don’t like being told there is a “right” and a “wrong.” They prefer the soft mattress of relativism. And yet, the secular societies we live in are prescriptive: i.e. governed by a concrete set of laws, each revealing a unique Weltanschauung. So in short, many secular people have an opposition to Biblical objectivity; yet, they willingly accept the objectivity of the secular nation state.

If the Bible does not teach our children the difference between “right and wrong,” then the secular government will (via their laws and ordinances).

I for one never implied in any way that people or cultures are identical. Of course the fact that you -I assume you are not black- and I are able to have this discussion, understand each other, and even agree on broad points speaks for itself.

My answer to “diverse and yet the same” can be answered with catechism. What are we here for? To show forth the glory of God. That’s our “the same” mission. But is the glory of God so limited that any one human can show it? No. Thus the myriad virtues that the human race (sometimes) shows, each culture and clan develops a set of those virtues to the fullest. And each person (hopefully) develops their own gifts and virtues to the fullest.

It is reflecting just ONE teensy facet of goodness that we might show forth God’s glory. Even with all of us, at our best, we can’t get the job done. But to give it a proper try, we have to.

Example: The Spiritual gifts. We’re supposed to hope for all of them to be given us in time, but in the meantime, we’re supposed to use and develop the ones that we have *right now* to bless the body of believers. Toes aren’t supposed to envy eyeballs.